Monday, September 26, 2011

Mini Kitchen Makeover Part 1

I hope someday we get to the part 2 of this project. We are two maybe three months into this project and it seems like it is never going to end. Poor Pete has done 90% of the work and it was all my idea. In my defense I thought this project was a good idea before I found out I was pregnant/sick. I'm still glad we took it on and now it just needs to be done. We have put about five coats of white paint on all the cabinets and now we are working on a project under the kitchen island. I found free pallets on ksl back in April and decided I wanted the boards torn off to put under the island as a sort of bead board effect I guess. It is turning out better than I had first envisioned which is exciting but it has also a been a bigger pain. Here are the pictures of the progress we have made. We now only need to finish the new molding around the pallet wood under the island, it's up and just needs touch up paint and clear coat. We also need to add a clear coat to all the cabinets, Hang them back up, and add new hardware!


The kitchen island before we added the pallet wood.



Once we put up all the pallet wood we framed it in with new white molding on all sides. It looks really nice. And can I just say I love using power tools. Nail guns have to be one of my favorites things right after paint!!!


2 comments:

Amber said...

You crack me up!! Power tools are the bomb! Totally agree with you!

Tisa said...

Big project to take on! Can't wait to see it you always do such a great job.

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart