
Disclaimer: Before any of you judge me just Know that I started Birth Control a week ago and I do not do well with Hormones. So I am no longer liable for my actions any more!
That being said this is a true story. Last night we decided to head to Coldstone in celebration of Parker coming home with Straight A's on his report card. Way to go stud!! The second Pete mentioned going and doing this I knew exactly what I wanted. Mint ice cream with hot fudge and brownie in it. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. So we get there and we are trying to decide which flavors we want and what we are going to get. Parker is the Honorary member of the family for the evening so he gets to get whatever he wants. He decides on a "gotta love it" the largest size mind you of cotton candy ice cream with butterfinger in it! What you've never had cotton candy ice cream with butterfinger in it? Huh? According to Parker it's the best and should be on the menu. Here comes the part I'm not proud of. Pete wants ME to share an ice cream with Hannah because she never eats enough of anything to warrant getting her her own food. Well Hannah didn't want mint ice cream she wanted cotton candy as well. But Parker was not about to share, this was his special night. So under hushed frustrated whispers through gritted teeth at the counter with the nice gentlemen waiting for our decision Pete and I began the argument of who was going to share with Hannah and what size we should get, what flavor we should all share, blah blah blah. Then he says we should just get one large and all share it between the three of us.
So he asks me kindly "What kind do you want?"
once again through gritted teeth "I ALL READY TOLD YOU WHAT KIND I WANT, MINT BROWNIE!!"
"Well honey Hannah doesn't want that kind."
So with trying to keep the peace and keep Hannah content I maturely walk away and say very quietly...........
"WHATEVER, GET WHATEVER YOU GUYS WANT!"
Real Mature Rachel. Very nice passive aggressive behavior. I am the queen of passive aggressive land!
So I go get a table and sit down and wait to see the creation the two geniuses decided on(They picked cheesecake with peanut butter cups in an XL size. According to them it was gross. Ah Yeah, ya think. That's why you pick Mint Brownie!! It just works). And as I sat there waiting it dawned on me......."You are such a brat, why do you care so much about a little mint brownie ice cream?" I have no idea and at this point I'm furious at my self for caring and angry and I feel like I want to cry. Seriously cry. Like go home throw myself down on my bed like I'm fourteen again and cry, kind of cry!!! I haven't cried a good cry in months maybe years. What is going on? Then it hit me, THE BIRTHCONTROL, THE HORMONES! I was raging the whole way home, at those blasted hormones. So I went home and threw myself down on my bed and stayed there. I fought with myself about how to get over my fowl mood, the options were:
A) Go back to Coldstone and get the ice cream I wanted.
B) Let it go and pretend like nothing ever happened.
C) Apologize for not getting what I wanted.
D) Watch a movie and just forget about everything and avoid my family!
Which one did I pick? You guessed it.
A Man Named Pearl tells the inspiring story of self-taught topiary artist Pearl Fryar. It offers a message that speaks to respect for both self and others, and shows what one person can achieve when he allows himself to share the full expression of his humanity. Written by Anonymous
That being said this is a true story. Last night we decided to head to Coldstone in celebration of Parker coming home with Straight A's on his report card. Way to go stud!! The second Pete mentioned going and doing this I knew exactly what I wanted. Mint ice cream with hot fudge and brownie in it. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. So we get there and we are trying to decide which flavors we want and what we are going to get. Parker is the Honorary member of the family for the evening so he gets to get whatever he wants. He decides on a "gotta love it" the largest size mind you of cotton candy ice cream with butterfinger in it! What you've never had cotton candy ice cream with butterfinger in it? Huh? According to Parker it's the best and should be on the menu. Here comes the part I'm not proud of. Pete wants ME to share an ice cream with Hannah because she never eats enough of anything to warrant getting her her own food. Well Hannah didn't want mint ice cream she wanted cotton candy as well. But Parker was not about to share, this was his special night. So under hushed frustrated whispers through gritted teeth at the counter with the nice gentlemen waiting for our decision Pete and I began the argument of who was going to share with Hannah and what size we should get, what flavor we should all share, blah blah blah. Then he says we should just get one large and all share it between the three of us.
So he asks me kindly "What kind do you want?"
once again through gritted teeth "I ALL READY TOLD YOU WHAT KIND I WANT, MINT BROWNIE!!"
"Well honey Hannah doesn't want that kind."
So with trying to keep the peace and keep Hannah content I maturely walk away and say very quietly...........
"WHATEVER, GET WHATEVER YOU GUYS WANT!"
Real Mature Rachel. Very nice passive aggressive behavior. I am the queen of passive aggressive land!
So I go get a table and sit down and wait to see the creation the two geniuses decided on(They picked cheesecake with peanut butter cups in an XL size. According to them it was gross. Ah Yeah, ya think. That's why you pick Mint Brownie!! It just works). And as I sat there waiting it dawned on me......."You are such a brat, why do you care so much about a little mint brownie ice cream?" I have no idea and at this point I'm furious at my self for caring and angry and I feel like I want to cry. Seriously cry. Like go home throw myself down on my bed like I'm fourteen again and cry, kind of cry!!! I haven't cried a good cry in months maybe years. What is going on? Then it hit me, THE BIRTHCONTROL, THE HORMONES! I was raging the whole way home, at those blasted hormones. So I went home and threw myself down on my bed and stayed there. I fought with myself about how to get over my fowl mood, the options were:
A) Go back to Coldstone and get the ice cream I wanted.
B) Let it go and pretend like nothing ever happened.
C) Apologize for not getting what I wanted.
D) Watch a movie and just forget about everything and avoid my family!
Which one did I pick? You guessed it.
A Man Named Pearl tells the inspiring story of self-taught topiary artist Pearl Fryar. It offers a message that speaks to respect for both self and others, and shows what one person can achieve when he allows himself to share the full expression of his humanity. Written by Anonymous
*Kind of in the same way I treated my family last night=)
Pearl Fryar wanted to win the coveted "yard of the month" award in his neighborhood after certain neighbors said they were upset about a black man moving into the area because he probably wouldn't take care of his yard. Boy were they wrong!! He is an amazing man and this was such a cute story. It helped elevate my mood and changed the way I looked at my evening. I stopped feeling sorry for myself and when Pete finally dared enter our bedroom later in the evening everything was all right!!
You should all go to Coldstone and get some Mint Brownie Ice Cream for me and then go home with your loved ones and watch this awesome Documentary!!
You should all go to Coldstone and get some Mint Brownie Ice Cream for me and then go home with your loved ones and watch this awesome Documentary!!


**Post Edit: Sorry for the overload of personal information you probably could have done without! I have since apologized to Pete and he only thinks I'm half crazy and I only think he's all the way cheap(or in his words frugal)!! But we love each other very much! And for now my hormones are stable and I am well aware of the situation I have on my hands.
6 comments:
I want mint brownie ice cream!!!
Awesome movie! Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Lol! Sorry you didn't get your ice cream.
We're going to Coldstone on my birthday in a couple of weeks and I can promise you I will be getting the cake batter ice cream with yellow cake mix-in...and I won't be sharing:).
This is cracking me up. I blame everything on hormones. Too many, not enough, I'm pregnant, I'm not...it solves everything.
This was hilarious!! Stupid hormones! But you should go tomorrow and get your mint brownie ice cream! :)
Hmmm. What is my excuse then? Ha Ha. I would not have wanted to share if I had my heart on something either. I would have made Jake share. Ha Ha. I do think about all the things we do for our kids - that i remember used to be done for me, like carrying Blake's 3 wheeler home b/c he played so hard at the park that he was too tired to ride it the rest of the way home. Sacrifice very often comes with kicking and screaming. You see it in the Bible as well.
I would of been upset too.
Still haven't seen the movie, need to.
Post a Comment