Seriously, where did April go? This month just flew by. First off Pete had surgery on his shoulder. He had a partial rotator cuff tear. Which made for a crazy first couple of weeks of the month. I felt like a single mom that had to do live in health care all at the same time. He was a great sport and a good patient! He is mending well and is starting to get back some of his range of motion in his arm.

Sorry no pictures of his actual surgery or his arm. Things were to crazy to be snapping pictures at the time!

For Spring Break we went on a day trip to Kennecott Copper Mine in Bingham Canyon. It was something Pete could enjoy with little effort and it was semi close to our home. Pete and the kids had never been there so it was fun to go. It's actually really neat and I loved the gift shop. Copper is pretty amazing.





This month Parker earned his wolf badge in scouts. We also had all of our scouts over to our house to learn how to play Chess. They were hilarious and actually really got into it, so they all earned there Chess belt loops. Now they are all a little more nerdy after spending time at the Lassen home and learning Chess!!!
(i love that her shoes are on the wrong feet in this photo)I got some great deals on clothes this month for the kids which always makes me happy. I got the pants above for Hannah at a thrift shop for $4. They are the brand "Matilda Jane, an unpredictable clothing company" that's really their name and retail online for $36 a pair. Their website has really cute stuff! She loves these pants. They are soft, ruffly, and don't zip or snap. Just her style!

If you've never shopped on Gilt Groupe you should check it out. I got some great deals on American Apparel clothing on their site for the kids for summer. They were way cheap.
r
My favorite part of this month was by far making Pete go with me to an old orchard down the road from our house to pick out some old apple crates. When we got there the farmer just took us to this big old red barn and said "there they are take what you like". So Pete and I started scaling ladders and sifting through hundreds of old apple crates to find the right ones. We left with 10 great ones with the paper adds on the sides still from thirty years ago! It was one of my happiest moments in a long time!! It was happenstance that I stumbled across Ron's add on KSL and he only lived a stones through away from my home. It was EXCELLENT!

1 comment:
I think I'd DIE and go to HEAVEN for half a dozen of those crates. LOVE IT!!!
Hope Pete gets to feeling better soon...no fun...
Loved all the pictures in this post!
Post a Comment