Tuesday, January 12, 2010

*Musical Bedrooms*

Over the Christmas break I had Pete help me tackle some much needed home improvement projects. I'm sure he was utterly thrilled to use his two weeks off helping me accomplish musical bedrooms. But as silly as it sounds paint and a few other touches make it seem that much closer to being our home. It has more of the over all feel we always go for. You know how everyone's house has its own style and sense of them. Well ours is almost completely there. As Pete and I always joke "Just a couple more $1,ooo projects and the house will be right where we would like it to be!" Yeah right there is always another project. I live for projects!!! Both Hannah and Parkers rooms got new paint, a couple of other decorative things and new end tables. It feels so good to have it done!


Hannahs old room now the office. Still incomplete but closer to being done.



Yes Hannah is still in her toddler bed. I am refinishing a really cool 1950's full/queen bed that Brynn gave me and I can't wait for it to be done!!!


Hannahs new room which used to be Parkers room!



I love this leaf thing above Parkers bed! Boys rooms are hard to do with out being to frilly! I still try to not put to many knick-knacky things in Parkers room so that it's still in the "COOL" category for him!


Parkers new room and the old office.
I think we did pretty well and all three almost complete!!!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I LOVE it!!! We should live closer to each other...you could come and help me make our apartment more livable! LOL! :)

Elisa said...

you're really good at this stuff(interior decorating and such). I'm not. Either that or I'm too cheap to ever buy anything else. But you're also good at finding good deals. Maybe one day you should come over and help me :). But I keep telling myself that everything will look better once we redo our downstairs...maybe I'll have you over then :).

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart