Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bears and Wolves and Webelos OH My!!



This is the type of professional uniform look I will be striving for!
Or maybe I will start my own designer Cub Scout Wear. That would take off right?


That's about all I know about Cub Scouts. That there are Wolves, Bears and Webelos. I am now the new Bear Den leader and I am still on the Relief Society Committee in charge of Enrichment. I went to my first meeting on Sunday and really had a blast. The rest of the Cub Scout Masters and other Den mothers are hilarious and I haven't been this excited about a calling and the people I am serving with in a long time. I met all my boys at Den meeting today and they are an awesome group of boys. We also combined with the wolves so I got to be with Parker also which was nice! I have my first pack meeting this coming Tuesday and I feel like I need to learn so much by then. I think I may even go get my self a uniform. What's not to like about a bright yellow shirt that I get to sew patches on and other fun things! Come summer I may even invest in some nice navy blue shorts and knee socks!! If I do I will make sure I post a picture for all of you!! If any of you have ever served in the cub scouts let me know I need all the resources and help I can get!! This is all new territory for me! I am now part of things like the "Round Table", "Blue and Gold Banquets", "Pack Meeting", "Den Meeting", "Belt Loop Pins", "Color Guard" and so on. Those were all new terms for me. Wish me luck or you could just give me the good old Cub Scout Salute, that works too.

6 comments:

Elisa said...

Congrats on the new calling! I was a webelo leader for about 2 months or so....either they didn't like me or I didn't do a good job, or they wanted me elsewhere :). Maybe all three. So, even though I was in the calling, I still don't know much. Sorry. Good luck and have fun!

Katie James said...

Good Luck! Josh and I were called to something like that in our old ward. Honestly, who calls a new mother (Coleman was 0-5 months in that ward) to be a scout leader??? We never did anything, and moved quickly. heres hoping you magnify your calling far more than i ever did!!! :)

Deanna said...

Rachel!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!

I, too, am the Bear Den Leader. You will do GREAT! Email me...I have some great online resources for you. :) Also, if you have roundtable, GOOOOOO! They have SUCH great ideas. It's taken me an entire year to like my calling, and now I LOVE it!!! Yippie!

Heather Walker said...

Good Luck with that one. I think you will do great! It will be even more fun with Parker, right? The kids bedrooms look so good too! All those one dollar projects are kinda fun huh?

Tisa said...

I've never been in Scouts either, but I have to say that you are the first person that has said that they were excited to be in the scouts. People always act like they have been given the plague when they get that calling, but I say it's all who you are in the calling with. Let me know how it goes.

Rachel said...

It's funny because I got the calling Sunday morning and was a little unsure because of how little I knew about scouts. Then I went to my first meeting at 2:30 right after church and had such a fun time with all the other leaders that I went home so excited! They were hilarious and so welcoming so I'm really excited to get to know them and the boys!!

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart