Tuesday, January 19, 2010

STEALING KISSES


Every morning as I drop Parker off at school he usually likes to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I have enjoyed these hugs and kisses goodbye every morning for the last two and a half years! It became almost ritualistic the way he did it the exact same everyday. But this morning they stopped! Here is how it USUALLY went every morning.

When we would get to the school Parker in the backseat would stand up and say "bye MOM" then proceed to give me a hug and kiss me on the cheek. Then as he was exiting the car he would say a couple more "bye MOM, I love you"s. And shut the door. As he would walk away from the car he would always stop, turn, wave again and then he was off for the day. It has been that way for so long and I have grown to need that every morning as much as he has.

BUT THIS MORNING IT CHANGED!

As we got to the school Parker in the backseat unbuckled his seat belt and stood up.

"Bye MOM!"

"Bye Parkey, have a good day and be good. I love you."

"Love you too, MOM!"

Then a big tight squeeze from behind and I waited for his cute little kiss on the cheek. Except it never came. So I turn and look at Parker who is looking out the front of the car at his little friend "Alice" who is looking at him and waving. He had been caught by a friend about to kiss his mom ....AHHHHHH! What 8 year old boy could live with that? Parker proceeded to get out of the car a little red in the face and said "Bye MOM" to which I waved and said "Bye". He still turned and waved right before he disappeared around the building. But the kiss I am sure is gone forever from our morning routine. I will just have to start STEALING KISSES from him at home more often!

4 comments:

Katie James said...

THAT"S SO SAD! Who is that boy hanging out with. Are they bad influences? Don't worry, I will talk to him... or at least show up in my bathrobe and completely embarrass him until you get your kisses back!!!

Valerie Hall said...

What a sad day for you! I am going to die when Emerson stops. Hopefully I have a little while before that happens. Have fun in Disneyland! We are going the last weekend in Feb!

Deanna said...

Oh, Rach!!! That is tragic. : (

Taylor and I play a game where we see how many kisses I can 'steal' from him...and he tries to avoid me...silly boys!

Tisa said...

Why do our kids have to grow up? Soon we will be dropping them off around the conner from school so we won't be seen with them.

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart