Monday, October 24, 2011

"Freddie"


To The Child in My Heart

O precious, tiny, sweet little one
You will always be to me
So perfect, pure, and innocent
Just as you were meant to be.

We dreamed of you and of your life
And all that it would be
We waited and longed for you to come
and join our family.

We never had the chance to play,
to laugh, to rock, to wiggle.
We long to hold you, touch you now
and listen to you giggle.

I'll always be your mother.
He'll always be your dad.
You will always be our child,
The child that we had.

But now you're gone......But yet you're here.
We sense you everywhere.
You are our sorrow and our joy.
There's love in every tear.

Just know our love goes deep and strong.
We'll forget you never--
The child we had, but
never had.
And yet will have Forever.

-C.P.


Fred "Freddie" Gordon Lassen
was born at 17 weeks.

Saturday October 15, 2011
at 2:00 p.m.

Weighing 5 ounces and 5.5 inches long.

All though he is gone he is such a big part of our lives. He has forever changed us. I hold his story very close to my heart and it is sacred to me. But I am trying to be strong to put down my feelings and experiences of his birth and death so I don't forget. Because although he isn't with us here I still want him to be a part of our lives here and now. He is our most precious and literal angel. We miss him dearly daily. So I am starting now and starting slow to add his little story to our family story. He is part of our history and that is why I do this blog. My heart is broken but healing and some day I will be able to tell his story. We love you and miss you so much Freddie.


5 comments:

Ashlee said...

I am so sorry to hear about sweet Freddie. You two are amazing. Hang in there and know we are thinking of you. Bless that sweet Freddie.

Deanna said...

i tried calling you this morning. Abbey's Aunt also lost a little boy the same day, same age. You are in my thoughts every.single.day. And in my prayers and in my heart. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug and be with you. I'm so sorry.

Lindsay said...

Rachel, I am just now seeing this post. My heart is broken as well. Please know you will be in our hearts and prayers daily. We love you so much.

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry Rachel! My mom told me what happened, my heart breaks for you! I've been thinking about you and your cute little family a lot lately. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

alyssa sorenson. said...

That was such a sweet poem, thank you for sharing. I love you guys and I'm thinking of you. God bless you.

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart