
I mean really simple stuff. I learned how to french braid for the first time this week. Thanks to my mom for teaching me and Sharee for being my hair model. I still have a ways to go until they will look more uniform, but go figure learning french braids at 29 years old!?

I also learned how to properly hard boil an egg this week. I have scrambled, pouched, even fried down to an art. But my hard boiled eggs never turn out!! So I called my Mom in a rage last night after trying another failed batch of hard boiled eggs from some lame recipe website. So then I tried her method and they turned out sublime. Maybe the elevation is a factor because all these other recipes out there are crap, I want to go comment on all of them and say they DON'T WORK!!!!



I'm sure I am the last woman alive in blog land to make or see these but they were to genius to pass up. PILLOWCASE dresses! Really you can take a pillowcase and turn it into a dress in like twenty minutes. Who are these people that come up with this stuff? I made five in probably two hours. I will be sending two of them to Haiti for a Humanitarian project. The other three are for Hannah this summer. I got the floral pillowcase at D.I. (yeah, it's vintage) for only a $1.oo. The pink ones were given to me by my mom, Thanks mom=). And the Striped ones I bought at Target in a two pack for $5.oo. Then I spent ten dollars on double folded bias tape and lace. They turned out so cute.
3 comments:
Go YOU!!!!! I love it!
Awesome! I learned to french braid at 30! I am hoping to learn the pillow dress at 33. I am going to look those up. How awesomely beautiful and even better CHEAP! Perfect everday summer wear. Thanks for the tip. Never stop learning! And keep passing on what you learn to help me learn. ha ha
the dresses are adorable!
Post a Comment