Why no, It's not!!

I get asked that question quite a bit when people come to our home. It's usually my MOM or a neighbor! And the answer is 95% of the time "NO". It's usually just been repainted, re-purposed, recovered, refinished, or some other "re" word!
You know reduce, reuse, recycle!
These end tables were some of the very first pieces of furniture Pete and I bought together as a married couple. They were $5.00 dollars a piece at a garage sale and have been worth every penny. They are solid wood and some of our sturdiest furniture. I very rarely buy "NEW" furniture, it is almost all second hand(that's not a negative thing I like it that way). When I first got these they were black. So I sanded them down and refinished them in a mahogany stain. Since then they have been repainted two times and this last time being the third!!! I love them and love re-purposing things. I think they changed the whole feel of our room.

3 comments:
K, seriously, I'm not joking. . . TEACH ME!!
I love that you do that. It is so much cheaper and so much more fun (not for everybody though!). I love personalizing things and have loved seeing the things you've done.
They look great. You also painted the back wall in your room, I like it! You always do such a good job.
Post a Comment