Monday, August 23, 2010

princess girls night

Friday was a hard day for me. Pete went back to school for the first day, and then he and Parker went golfing all night. So after I got over feeling sorry for my self I decided to have a princess girls night with Hannah. There is nothing a little chocolate cake can't cure.. right?? After our chocolate cake we watched a Barbie movie and called the night a success!!

So Hannah and I made these really fun and delicious, Hot Chocolate Cake Mugs.

Hot Chocolate Cake Mugs
(Or 5 minute Chocolate Cake)
RECIPE:

*first find the perfect mug, in our case princess mugs

Then stir in the bottom of mug:
4Tbs. sugar
4Tbs. flour
2Tbs. cocoa powder
Then add
1 egg
until completely incorporated:
Then add
3Tbs. oil
3Tbs. milk
3Tbs chocolate chips
Add a dash of vanilla extract
Stir until it is the consistency of cake batter.
Put it on a plate and microwave for 3 minutes.
It will puff up in the microwave but just let it keep cooking!
Then let it cool and enjoy.
We topped ours with vanilla ice cream.


Hannah delirious from the yummy goodness!!


3 comments:

alyssa sorenson. said...

ughh i hate being home all day when justin is gone at work and then is gone at night too. i feel your pain! its awesome that you turned a seemingly boring night into a fun one. i need to do that more often.

Valerie Hall said...

that is so cute. You are the best mom, always doing fun things with your kids. I want to be like you!

SCG said...

I saw this somewhere and wanted to try it. I am glad you did, now I know that they work.

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart