Saturday, July 24, 2010

~~~TIDE~~~POOLS~~~


CANNON BEACH, OREGON

HAYSTACK ROCK

At 5 a.m. on July 8th 2010, we decided to head over to Haystack Rock on Cannon Beach and check out the tide~pools. Waking up that early we weren't sure if this was what we really wanted to do on vacation. Usually you sleep in! But once we got there we were so glad we did. They were so awesome and our kids had never seen things like starfish, crabs, sea anemones, clams, sand dollars, and other alien looking sea creatures in their true habitat. Even Pete and I felt like kids again. Climbing over all the rocks to see what was waiting in the next little pool of water. Everything was so colorful and lively. It felt like we had been shortly transplanted on to another planet. You take for granted the little things like that. I remember growing up in Seattle and taking field trips to the coast and learning about all the sea life and getting to see it and touch it. Not realizing how cool and neat that was at the time. So I was so thrilled when I got to give my kids the same experience!


Parker checking everything out. We had to explain to him that even the rocks were alive in some places, because of the coral and barnacles and such. He thought that was so neat. I taught him how to carefully touch the sea anemones and make them squirt water and he LOVED that. I remember doing the exact same thing when I was his age and me and my brothers would try and see who could find the biggest one and make it squirt the furthest.



Hannah got a little tired and cold on the walk back so Dad helped her out and carried her!!


Aren't they so cute. My Dad forgot a jacket on this trip and he refused to buy one. So he started a new fashion trend, the Wool Throw Jacket!


Pete hanging out in our condo.

1 comment:

Tisa said...

Wow it looks like you had an amazing time. I love just being out doors with my kids discovering the world.

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart