SCREENDOOR

Besides seeing family and going to the beach, this vacation also consisted of a lot of food!!
Being on vacation with the Grazzini's means finding the best local food and checking it out. My parents always talk to the "locals" and search in local magazines for write ups on great "Unique" food establishments. If we know someone who lives in the area we will usually ask them first, otherwise we research. So while we were in Portland we consulted Dan and he took us to same amazing food joints!! First on the list SCREENDOOR. The Screendoor had amazing all organic southern food. I'm usually a Thai, Mexican, or Italian food person but this had to be some of the best food I have ever eaten!
Being on vacation with the Grazzini's means finding the best local food and checking it out. My parents always talk to the "locals" and search in local magazines for write ups on great "Unique" food establishments. If we know someone who lives in the area we will usually ask them first, otherwise we research. So while we were in Portland we consulted Dan and he took us to same amazing food joints!! First on the list SCREENDOOR. The Screendoor had amazing all organic southern food. I'm usually a Thai, Mexican, or Italian food person but this had to be some of the best food I have ever eaten!

I ordered this the Screendoor platter. Hannah and I split this. We got (left to right) the organic mixed greens casserole this was so tasty my favorite of the three. Then fried catfish, so yumm-o. Then red beans and rice with "REAL" cornbread!! SOOOOOOO GOOOOOD.


Amazing food with Amazing people, doesn't get much better then that!!!



POTATO CHAMPION

My brother Dan's friend Mike started a food cart in downtown Portland called the "Potato Champion". What started as a small food cart selling POUTINE a Canadian french fry served with gravy and cheese curd, has turned into a very lucrative business for Mike. Not to mention they sound weird but taste phenomenal especially if you love french fries like I do!! Mike opens his cart around noon everyday but his high peak time of business is 1:00 AM! And he brings in on average 2,000 to 3,000 thousand dollars on a night. Not to shabby for a Potato Champion. I guess he deserves his name!!

POUTINE in all its glory so scrumptious!!!

Everyone enjoying themselves out side the cart! Jake is going to be moving to Portland right after he gets married this summer and he will be working for Mike at the "Potato Champion". So if you are ever in downtown Portland check it out!
THE BUZZ
The NOT so good food of the trip!!

There is a place in Seaside, Oregon that serves everything you can imagine covered in chocolate. The picture below is Chocolate covered Bacon and a Chocolate covered Twinkie. I don't know what else to say about that.

Besides the BUZZ in Oregon we had amazing food on this trip!! I love Food!! And I love finding amazing little hidden food gems everywhere we go. One of my favorite moments on this trip was when my Dad woke up early one morning and took Parker for a walk in downtown Portland. My dad had heard that we were staying by this great biscuits and gravy place, supposedly OPRAH's favorite biscuits and gravy joint also! So he took Parker and they went and found it! They came back to the house with biscuits and gravy and they were so good, Oprah has good taste! He also bought Parker a huge slice of Chocolate Cake for breakfast, I wish I would have taken a picture of this slice of cake that he thought was suitable to buy a 8year old @ 8 in the morning. It was Hilarious! My Dad is notorious for whenever and where ever we go on vacation he wakes up early in the morning before every one else and goes for a walk. On these walks he always stops by some neat, unique, and fun food joint and will bring home breakfast for everyone. I love this and look forward to it every trip and I'm so glad that Parker has started in on the tradition with him!!!!
* All in all a great foodie trip. We ate at many great places but these were the most unique and memorable ones!!
2 comments:
I love Portland! I will have to try those fries, they sound sooo good! Looks like you had a lot of fun! So I am in Utah right now, I would love to get everyone together. Next week would work good for me!
Yes!! Lets get together for sure. Next week works great for me also. I will call some of the girls and then get a hold of you!!!
Post a Comment