Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Reduce-Reuse-Recycle


CLEAN GARBAGE

We as a family have TRIED to implement this theme in our home for several years now. Most cities we have lived in have had great recycling programs but Pleasant Grove did not until just recently. Getting this shiny new "BLUE" garbage can was such a welcome thing. One of my favorite things about recycling, and this is the OCD in me coming out, is that it is so clean. I can stand and look in my nice clean blue garbage can and everything inside is CLEAN and non smelly. We TRY to be uber recyclers!! We usually fill up our recycling can twice as fast as our normal one and we could easily have it emptied every week as opposed to every other week. Parker has been assigned recycling duty for the summer for one of his summer jobs. He is to break down all cardboard boxes and make sure he gets all the" boxtops" off first(for his school next year). Then he has to make sure it is all clean and he empties our bin inside to the out side "BLUE" can about every other day. It is a great job for him!! I love CLEAN GARBAGE!! Everything should be recyclable!

3 comments:

alyssa sorenson. said...

Good for you guys! That's awesome. We all need to follow your example.

Elisa said...

I was just talking to Scott last week about how I really think the recycling truck should come every week. I think it would encourage people to recycle more than they do now. It also seems strange to me that they won't recycle glass here in Utah, or at least in our area. I'm not sure if that's for all of Utah.

I'm glad you're putting your going green tips on here because it makes me want to make some changes.

Rachel said...

I so agree Elisa! You can probably really tell a difference after living in Washington for so long. Everyone should learn a little from WA!!! I wish they would recycle glass too! And why can't they just take all plastics. It would make the biggest difference=)

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart