Sunday, February 7, 2010


Pete kindly said to me yesterday "I think I need to watch the Super Bowl alone."

"Why?" I asked

He replied "I really am not going to be any fun at all if they(the colts, they have been his team almost our entire marriage)don't play well."

I just kind of snorted(yes I really snort especially when I laugh) and sighed and said "Whatever we are going to your parents house for our annual Super Bowl party!"

Then he got really serious "No really Rach I don't want to watch it with any one. I am going to be in such a bad mood if they don't win!"

In my head at this point I was thinking/screaming......"Will some one explain this to me, because I don't get it. His team has made it to the Super Bowl they have played well all season isn't that great?

Don't get me wrong I have fun watching the Super Bowl also but it doesn't alter my moods depending on the outcome. I guess I need testosterone because I just want to slap him and say snap out of it. It's just a GAME.

But I am going to try to be sympathetic. What is equally as meaningful to me and what would I be this worked up about? My kids and my home maybe? but it's different I think. Shopping for furniture, My work, MY MUSIC, and MOVIEs maybe?. I don't know I get worked up and excited about those things but I don't really get that depressed if things go wrong!

Maybe I'm being to hard on him!?!

Needless to say He will be watching it with all of us and wearing his happy face. I do hope the COLTS win. Because if they don't the next week is going to be terrible!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness this only happens once a year!

DOES ANY ONE ELSE'S HUSBAND GET THIS WORKED UP OVER A CERTAIN TEAM OR SPORT????????

2 comments:

Katie James said...

"Does anyone else have a husband who is obsessed with a sports team?" ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME?!?!?!?!
I feel your pain... We should start a support group.

Rachel said...

That is so funny!! I totally forgot about JOSH!?! Now I feel really stupid for complaining at all. He does take it to a whole different level with his love for BYU sports. We really should start you a support group!!!

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart