Monday, September 28, 2009

The Secret Journal of Brett Colton

Yes I admit it I loved this book. I laughed out loud and even more sadly I cried while I read this book! It was written by an LDS author. It is fiction but it is all the craze with the young adults in Utah. I am ashamed to say that a whole bunch of 14 and 15 year old teenagers are the reason I read this book but that is also true. It takes place during the main characters sophomore year of high school(which I thought might ruin it for me but the author did a great job). Yes at times it is very cheesy and typical nerdy high school stuff. But for some reason I really really enjoyed this book. Here is a small synopsis of the story. The main character Had an older brother die of cancer right after she was born. He was 17 when he passed away and she was only 2. He leaves her a journal but tells her parents not to give it to her until her sixteenth birthday. That doesn't say or ruin anything that the back of the book doesn't all ready describe. So for all you avid readers you definitely need to add this to your list of books to read this year. I also just started to read: "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" which is supposed to be like the next twilight series. It is very interesting and attention grabbing so far. Just one word for a teaser ZOMBIES.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I Loved this book! My sisters got me started....glad you liked it, too!

Elisa said...

Thanks for posting this. I love when people post about books and give a little review so that I have some ideas of what I'm going to read next.

And I love your family pictures! We're having ours done this weekend.

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart