
CaNnInG PeAcHeS!
Yesterday my mom and I decided on a whim to can peaches. I had never done it and really wanted to learn. We started around 11 am and we finished around 12 am(that night) not in an hour, it took us 13 hours!!!!! That includes all of our shopping and prep we did it all in one day. We probably should have spread it out a little bit. We did 4 bushels(or boxes). We now have 41 quart jars of canned peaches. Half of them are sliced for cobbler and the other half quartered/halved for regular eating. We also made 14 pints of fresh peach freezer jam. WOW! Thanks mom for the lessons and I can't wait to make my first thing of cobbler. It was an exhausting day! Thanks for enduring my kids and helping out so much. Love you=)
Next up pears, tomatoes and Salsa. Anyone want in?!?
3 comments:
Mmmmmm!!! I'll be thinking of you this weekend when I'm doing my peaches!!! I ♥ canned peaches. I'll also think of you when I'm doing my tomatoes and pears...I'll have to invite my mom to come up and join in...it's so boring and tiring to do it by one's self. :)
I want in!
Heck yes! I am all about becoming Martha Stewart
Post a Comment