Monday, May 4, 2009

The "Amish" Lassens

For the past month we have gone without television, computer, and internet since we moved into our new home. We just haven't taken the initiative to set it up because our computer is being fixed and we really don't want t.v.! I really feel almost Amish sometimes. I can't decide if this is a good thing or not. We have been very productive and accomplished a lot. I really don't miss it unless it is late at night or I want to do some blogging. We have watched a ton of old movies which is fun. I had no idea there was a swine flu until Parker came home asking me what the "flyne flu was?" All in all I think it has been a pretty positive thing. Once we get our computer back from being fixed I think we will get the internet but not television. Anyways sorry I haven't kept up with most of your blogs. Hopefully soon though!! Also let me know if there are any impending disasters because I am sure I will be the last to know!!! My only life line to the outside world right now is my cell phone!!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

We have been without TV for years. We love it. I get online and watch the show I like without the comercials. We do watch movies, but seriously, it's been great! My mom recorded some PBS shows for Tanner a while ago and he'll watch them, still. :)

Heather Walker said...

Rachel, we did the no TV or internet thing for 2 years. It really was great. We accomplished so much more and it seemed like we were using our time better. Then after two years we did get the internet. That was a much needed thing when you are at home with the kids (because blogging and internet shopping are my escape some days). And as soon as our house is finished we will be doing the no TV thing again. But I will miss HGTV, Food network, and DIY!!

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart