We finally finished our chicken coop. I love how it turned out. Pete did an amazing job and I couldn't be more thrilled! It's nice to see them doing what they are natural made to do instead of being stuck in a box in the garage. They mostly have all their feathers now and our able to be out on their own. They are loving eating the weeds and grass and spreading their wings. I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying these little chickens. Nightly we like to all go out and just watch them. The kids really do enjoy taking care of them. Especially Hannah she spends a lot of time out there holding them and making sure they are doing okay. It's pretty hilarious.
Structurally the coop is done but there are still some things I would like to add. You know the girly touches that Pete wants nothing to do with. I would love to get some old shutters for the window. And how cute would a rooster weather vain be on the roof?? I know! I also want to plant some vines to grow up the fencing and chicken wire to give them extra shade, foliage, and protection. All in due time for now we are just enjoying having them safe in their coop and we can't wait to get our first eggs late this summer or early fall!
Sunny, Gracie, and Charlie will be 7 weeks on Saturday April 28th 2012. I got so excited the other day when I picked up Charlie and realized she had the prettiest auburn colored feathers growing in on the top of her wings. At first I got nervous when I thought it was blood but then quickly realized it was just new feathers!! I had fully expected her to be all white I guess not.






1 comment:
wow they grew so fast they are real chickens now.
Post a Comment