Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chicken Coop

Our chicks will be 5 weeks this Saturday and they are growing so quickly. At six weeks they are old enough to live outside on their own which means they need a coop! So we finally started construction on their coop this week. I have been so excited for this. Pete and I spent hours looking over books and blogs trying to come up with the perfect plans for our little coop. It is so fun seeing it come together. The kids have been so much help and are really loving taking care of the chickens. Most of the responsibility for cleaning and feeding is up to them. Here are some of the beginning stages of the coop building.

The chicks at 4 1/2 weeks. They are getting so fluffy and we still love holding them and listening to their happy sounds.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

So adorable!!! We didn't end up getting the house with the .6 acre, so I don't think we'll be getting chicks, so I'm so jealous! LOL! Can't wait to see the finished coup!

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart