
So I'm old now. I had a great Birthday weekend though. Pete and I ran away to Salt Lake City on my actual Birthday. We went to his cousins wedding and we had a really nice time. Then we stayed the evening in Salt Lake. The next morning we woke up and went to Blue Plate Diner for Breakfast. It's this way kitschy place with great food. Good American style food, I had the Country Corncakes with Bananas, and Pete had biscuits and gravy both served with fresh skillet Potatoes. It wasn't healthy per say but local and made from scratch with great ingredients. It was awesome. When Pete and I get alone on trips we love to search out locally owned food joints with character. It is one of our favorite things to do together. The Blue Plate Diner was a win and we loved it. If you do decide to go though go early it gets really busy quick! We then spent the rest of the day shopping and then headed home.



Then we continued our little weekend with the kids on Presidents Day. We headed back up to Salt Lake to Trolley Square. I found a new perfume at Whole Foods that I bought myself with my Birthday money, I love it. Then we headed back down towards home and hit up our favorite restaurant in Pleasant Grove, CHUBBY's! Don't be put off by the name they have great food and really good deals. On Monday for each paying adult you can get two free kids meals with a coupon they send out in the local mailer. We made the connection last time we were there that Parker's friend Maddy's family owns the place so now we have even more reasons to support their tasty food!! As you can see there is a pattern here, we love local food joints, weird yes but true.


1 comment:
You are old Rach! I hope you had a great day, sounds like it was!
Post a Comment