This morning went as usual. Alarm going off waking the kids, breakfast, dressed, teeth brushed, and prayers. Then it was time for the kids to leave for school. Parker walked to school almost everyday last year and it was so hard to let him do so. And now Hannah wants to which for some reason has been so much harder. She seems so little and defenseless. I actually suggested to them that Parker could still walk but I would drive Hannah, to make sure she gets there in one piece. They both looked at me like I was a crazy person and both objected. So we went over safety rules, lots of safety rules. And Parker absolutely promised me he would hold her hand the whole way there until she was in her class, safe! I felt good about my choice, we have a great group of kids from our neighborhood that walk together and look out for each other. I even resisted the urge to get in my car and go spy on them to make sure they were holding hands and sticking together. My original plan was to walk with them but somethings came up that have made it not possible at the moment. So I have let go a little and they are both still alive and well. Phewwe!!! It's rough being a mom some days.
3 comments:
ohhhhhh!
i hear ya. We live three blocks from the school, and I've been walking Tanner each day this week (or driving). on TUesday he'll ride the bus. I have so many emotions about it all!
It's so frustrating when the younger one gets to grow up so much faster through it's-not-fair-edness! It happens here a lot!
so sad! I am sorry! I already get sad thinking about things like this with my boys. They do grow up way too fast!
Post a Comment