Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Guilty Pleasure

"AMERICAN PICKERS"

I want this bike to hang on my family room wall so BAD!!
ANTIQUE ARCHAEOLOGY



So this is my new guilty pleasure "American Pickers". In the last couple of days while I have cooked, cleaned, folded laundry, and the like I watched the whole first season of "American Pickers". I even have Pete and Parker on board they love it also. Maybe as a family we will become "Pickers" and start "Picking" our way through Utah!! So I'm a little obsessed what can I say. I have a deep and sincere love of old things! If you don't know the premise of the show these two men call themselves "Pickers". They are antique dealers but they do all the dirty work. They drive all over back east and rummage, scavenge, barter, and dig antiques out of peoples houses. They are usually elderly people who were also antique collectors or Hoarders(which also thrillingly intrigues me..hoarders!) and now have to much stuff I mean a ton of stuff. Some of their stories are so cool and the people they meet are so interesting!! I would love this job!!! I'm going to add it to the things I want to do when I grow up, a PICKER!! Check it out on the History Channel or Netflix!!

*Anyone wanna go Antique Shopping or Picking, I'm so in the mood now after watching this show??!??

1 comment:

alyssa sorenson. said...

i looove antiques and scavenging for them as well! lets doooo it...

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart