Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick

Yesterday afternoon Hannah completely crashed, she even took a nap which for Hannah is a big deal. She was pretty lethargic all afternoon and through dinner. I thought our new early morning routine was really getting to her. So we put her to bed around 8:00p.m. She fell right asleep but woke right back up around 11:00p.m. with a fever of 104 and vomiting. We were really worried about her. She was so delirious and complaining of headaches, abdominal pain, and leg pain. She threw up every hour on the hour the entire night. So @ 8:30 this morning right when the Doctors office opened I called. And our new morning routine(my goal)was broken only one day in. I did however manage to get Parker through his piano and personal prayer. All while cleaning up vomit. But there was no homemade breakfast and his hair was barely combed. He left promptly at 8:15 and was on time. Now I have been praying all day that I wont get a call from the school that he is sick also. So back to Hannah, I called the Doctor and talked to the nurse and she said it sounded like Strep and to bring her in. So I loaded her in the car and $25.00 later, no Strep. Big surprise!! Poor Hannah she has had the flu in June, July, and now August this year. I must be doing something terribly wrong as a mother. I feel like I am constantly washing her hands, (especially because she has a nose picking habit, she won't eat them. Trust me I have tried as a reverse psychology tactic to get her to, it did not work. She refuses to eat the boogers, she is obsessed with "tissues". But she can dig with the best of them! So we wash her hands A LOT!) and I use hand sanitizer by the gallons from Costco. I have tried to find a healthy balance but my kids always seem to still get sick easily. Anyways we have been eating Popsicles all day and watching way to many episodes of kipper the dog, wonder pets, and dora!! How do all you other mothers keep your kids healthy???? I can't even get through the Summer with healthy kids!

Best part of my day were these awesome jokes on our Popsicle sticks
*Where should you put tired groceries?
In a sleeping bag......of course.

*What was a trick that the loaf of bread taught the dog?
Heel.......Hahahaha

I told Hannah those jokes and she looked at me blankly and asked,
"What are those Jokes for mom?"

"I don't know honey, I don't Know."

3 comments:

Tisa said...

That happened to me a lot last year and the only thing that I can figure is that I was sanitizing and washing my kids hands too much,I would even sanitize the whole cart at the store. So my kids immunity could never build up to fight off the bigger germs. So I don't sanitize as much anymore and I don't wipe down the carts at the store. I know it sounds crazy but it has worked, my kids have not been sick for months now.

Valerie Hall said...

Sick kids are the worst. Emerson has been in school 2 weeks and has already brought a cold home! Hope she is doing better!

Lindsay said...

I agree with Tisa - let her get dirty more. I have read somewhere kids that eat dirt get sick less also. Not sure you want to go that far, but a health magazine did say that was true :). I have not personally done that, so I cannot speak from experience, but I do forget to wash their hands a lot (even after being outside playing in the sandbox). Not sure if that is equivalent to eating dirt. But I will do the best thing of all and pray for you and your sweet family we miss more than words can say! Poor Hannah - she is blessed to have a sweet mama who cares and will do anything for her.

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart