Thursday, April 29, 2010

JUST PEACHY

Last night I sat in bed Planning a trip to Hawaii in my little dream world. I hit all my favorite vacation sites on the internet and started dreaming. Pete was on the phone with his brother and I was waiting patiently for him to give me his undivided attention. They talked and I dreamed of getting out of Utah and this terrible weather we have been having. I have depression and it is the worst January through April. Or until the sun decides to grace us with its presence. I don't know what it is but I never feel that way in the Summer the sun is just therapy for me. Most people call it seasonal depression. I hate admitting that I am a depressive person but for me it is real. Most of the time I am in denial about it hoping I will some how find my way out of it on my own. I usually do and have not been on medication for years now. All though, I did go to my doctor this past month and she gave me a prescription. That was weeks ago and it is still sitting in my purse unfilled. I am going to wait until Spring is completely here and winter is completely gone and see how I am doing then. ANYWAYS...........I quickly realized last night that Hawaii was not a realistic escape for me at the present time. So then I started dreaming about San Diego, still not realistic. Then I thought I am just going to run away to St. George for a day and sit under a palm tree and soak in the sun. I haven't packed and left yet so maybe that plan isn't that realistic either. I kind of came out of the fog this morning when I looked out my window and saw these images(BELOW) and thought everything is going to be JUST PEACHY. I love living behind this Peach orchard and in its own way it is so beautiful to me. Our kids spend hours out there and in the summer the Peaches are divine. For now I have filled my home with sounds of Jack Johnson's relaxing Island music, MANGO PEACH wax scents sit on my warmer filling my home with tropical scents, and all my blinds and curtains are open letting in the little sunshine that's there peeking through the clouds every once and a while!!! I am going to buy some beautiful fresh flowers to put in my kitchen and bedroom and try my hardest to stay energized!!! And as always I have my awesome Husband and kids to keep me going and they are my sunshine most days!!!

3 comments:

Valerie Hall said...

I know the feelings you are having! I live in AZ where it is sunny most of the time and I still feel this way. I also dream about vacations and the next time I can get away from my "normal, everyday life." I find that I am always reminding myself of what I do have and that everything is great and that I really don't have it too bad...but I have to do that a lot! If you ever want to escape to the valley of the sun you would have a place to stay!

Elisa said...

I sorta get this way too. It was one of the reasons why we decided WA wasn't as great for us...the sun comes out in UTah way more than it does in WA. Hang in there, I'm sure we'll get more sun soon. And today it came out in the late afternoon! I loved it!

I talked with your mom and Sharee and I think they're both coming Sunday. Will you be able to make it? And if so, will you be able to stay for lunch?

Tisa said...

I get the same way after it has been gloomy for too many days.I need sunshine and warmth or I start to shut down a little. Ed never gets why I have to open the windows and let in light the first thing ing the morning, he mostly get mad because he is still in his G's, thats not my fault. We need to go on a cruise soon, Please!

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart