Eight years ago Pete and I began a great adventure..........we got married!! The rest of this is for Pete and I must warn very sappy so if that bothers you please don't read on.Pete, I love you so much, and I can't Believe it has almost been a decade since we started our adventure!! It is always hard for me to put down in words how much you mean to me because it always sounds so inadequate to how strongly I feel and how strong the emotions are, but here goes anyways! You are my best friend, my lover, and now, after eight years, it is starting to feel like we are almost becoming the same person in a weird sort of way, and that's a good thing. I feel so comfortable around you and there is no one else in the world for me but you! We enjoy doing so many things together, and I love spending every extra minute I have with you. I love making our movie lists together and watching all of our nerdy films. I love going and picking out books with you and then reading them and having discussions about them. I love going on our runs as a family, playing sports, going hiking, camping, four wheeling, and on family vacations. I love doing all of our projects together on the house. I love that it's as important to you as it is me and that you are proud of the family home we are making together! And, most importantly, there are our two beautiful children. I love watching and seeing the things that they have inherited from you and me, watching their personalities blossom, and guessing which one looks more like you and more like me as they grow. I love watching them wait for you to come home and getting so excited to see you. I love that you take the time to spend hours on the tramp everyday with Parker no matter how tired you are!! I love that Hannah is so enamored with you and how sweet and gentle you are with her!!! I love the great example you are to them and the loving, nurturing, and guiding father you are. They both look up to you so much--almost as much as I do. You have such a special way of being so patient and turning every thing into a learning experience for them. I am so proud to say you are mine, and I am so amazed at all the things you have accomplished alone and the things we have accomplished together. I can't wait to see what the next 50 or 60 years are going to bring and the fun adventure it will be. I love you so much!!!


3 comments:
Ahhh! We still miss you guys so much. There will never be a couple friend like you guys. Can't wait to come visit next summer!
What a nice post. And I really like the pictures of the two of you.
We should go camping together sometime. We got a family sized tent this year, so we're going to go a few times this summer. Happy Anniversary!
June must have been "Wedding Month" Congrats! 8 years?!?! 2 Kids?! A house?!? Man you guys are getting old!
Post a Comment