Tuesday, March 17, 2009

*Strawberry Freezer Jam*


So tonight while I was at work I was helping a really nice middle aged man and his mother who was elderly. As I finished helping them he politely asked me if I had any plans for tonight, as if to say that most people make huge plans for St. Patrick's Day. So I was honest and politely and excitedly answered back "Yes, I am going to make Freezer Jam tonight." To which I received a very interesting response. The guy looked at me and answered back even more excitedly than me, "Really? What kind of freezer Jam?"(and I have to say at this point I am pretty sure that this guy voted a big NO! on proposition 8!) I answered "Strawberry" and then he continued to ask me a whole bunch of questions about how to make it and how surprised he was that I was going home to make strawberry freezer jam on my St. Patrick's Day night. And let's just say that I was equally shocked that a middle aged(very flamboyant)man was interested in freezer jam!! I thought the whole thing was quite humorous. It made my night, and yes the freezer jam was a success.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

That's great!!! and your jam looks delish!

Where are you working? Sounds like an interesting job! :)

Your kids are so darling!

Rachel said...

I actually work at a Garden/Home Design store called Sunriver Gardens. It is the best job! For some reason we always have very interesting people in the store and interesting things going on!!

girlhoenes said...

SO funny- I just made strawberry freezer jam with my mom on the 16th! CRAZY!
I still haven't found a swimsuit. Grrrr. And I haven't really been listening to anything new lately either--- I've been revisiting "old" stuff and am in a Beatles / Iron&Wine / Jenny Lewis rut. BUT there is this really great compilation out called "Dark is the Night" and just about every song on the 2-disc set is great. You should check it out!

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart