Saturday, May 3, 2008

A WORLD BEYOND WORDS!

We watched the most amazing film last night. I am sure you have guessed that it was called "BARAKA." I heard about this film on the internet and it was as thought provoking and mesmerizing as they said it would be. The film is an hour and a half of images of our amazing world set to music. All sorts of ethnic music from around the world. There are no words in the whole film which makes it all the more interesting. Some of the images are a little hard to watch (nothing graphic, just powerful and moving). And there is indigenous nudity (The National Geographic type). For Pete and me this was an awesome change of pace. We really enjoyed it and would recommend it to any one who enjoys such things as The National Geographic Specials, Documentaries, and Independent films, and even those who generally do not--there is always value in ponderous and stimulating imagery and sound (at least we think so!). This film is rated NR and we rented it off of netflix I am not sure how difficult it is to find. But it was very interesting and magnificently beautiful. There is a 10 minute clip below. I hope you will take the time to watch it and think about all the great diverse places there are in this world and how we need to preserve them.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Thank you for sharing. I will have to find out where I can get it here. We do not beling to Netflix.

Top 10 Movies

  • The Mission
  • Lars and The Real Girl
  • Sunshine Cleaning
  • Officespace
  • Crash
  • Braveheart
  • Babel
  • Legends of The Fall
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Two Weeks Notice/ About a Boy

Favorite Documentaries!

  • Baraka
  • Beyond Belief
  • Born into Brothels
  • Food Inc.
  • Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
  • Man on Wire
  • My Kid Could Paint That
  • No End In Sight
  • The Cove
  • Young at Heart